February 24, 2014 – Brixton Metals Corporation (TSXV: BBB) (the “Company” or “Brixton”) has filed its technical assessment report titled, “2013 Geological, Geochemical and Diamond Drilling Report on the Thorn Property”, with the British Columbia Ministry of Energy and Mines. For the full report click: http://brixtonmetals.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Thorn2013_Assessment-final.pdf
Highlights from 2013 (previously disclosed by the company in various news releases)
- Brixton Metals acquired 100 percent of the Thorn project from Kiska Metals.
- Hecla Mining Company and Rob McEwen became major shareholders of Brixton.
- An exploration agreement with the Taku River Tlingit First Nations was signed.
- Drilling costs on a per metre basis were reduced.
- A total of 6,078 metres in 35 holes were drilled, a structural mapping program was conducted and 1,386 soils, 13 rocks and 14 SG samples were collected and analyzed for exploration expenditures of $2.05 million dollars.
- Drilling in 2013 expanded the Oban zone mineralization to approximately 210 metres in a North-South direction by 150 metres in an East-West direction to nearly 400 metres in depth. Hole 119 intersected 93.48 metres of 94.45 g/t AgEq from 205.00 metres and ended in mineralization at 383.13 metres depth grading 120.70 g/t AgEq. In 2012, hole 84 intersected 123.00 metres of 402.52 g/t AgEq within 310 metres of 223.51 AgEq. The Oban zone remains open at depth and several directions. To view 3D models of the Oban zone click: http://brixtonmetals.com/thorn-3-d-model/
- At the Glenfiddich Cu-Ag-Au zone, hole 121 returned 2.21 metres of 1,914 g/t AgEq (583.05 g/t Ag, 10.62% Cu and 2.55 g/t Au) from 74.40 metres depth. An upper zone intersected 16.00 metres of 173.70 g/t AgEq from 25.00 metres depth including 3.50 metres of 441.29 g/t AgEq. To view images of the core click: http://brixtonmetals.com/hole-thn13-121/
- The Outlaw gold geochemical anomaly was expanded to about 2.5 km long in an East-West direction by approximately 0.9 km wide including a high of 2,390 ppb Au. To view gold in soil geochemistry map click: http://brixtonmetals.com/outlaw-soil-sample-results-2013/
Key recommendations for 2014
- Additional drilling at the Oban zone for possible mineralization expansion towards building a maiden National Instrument 43-101 resource estimate.
- Additional drilling on strike and at depth of the high grade Ag-Cu-Au veins at the Glenfiddich and Talisker zones.
- Drill testing the multi kilometer Au geochemical and Magnetic anomalies at the Outlaw zone.
- Drill testing for Oban like diatreme-breccia at the Macallan zone.
- A broadly spaced soil sampling program in the following priority areas: Outlaw Au; Cirque Cu-Mo; West La Jaune Au-Cu-Ag and Amarillo Au-Ag.
- Deep penetrating geophysical surveys over two areas covering Glenfiddich/Talisker/Oban and Outlaw/Cirque.
- Additional compilation, inversion and 3D model integration of previous geophysical survey data (IP, EM, MAG, VTEM).
Exploration is anticipated to commence in June 2014, and subject to budget may include select portions of the above recommendations.
Mr. Sorin Posescu, P.Geo., VP Geology, is a Qualified Person as defined under National Instrument 43-101 standards and has reviewed and approved the technical information in this news release.
About Brixton Metals Corporation and its Thorn Project
Brixton is an exploration company focused on the advancement of high-grade precious metal assets to feasibility. Brixton’s 100 percent owned Thorn project represents a potential district scale play which hosts several styles of mineralization related to porphyry and epithermal environments. Targets include high-grade silver-gold-lead-zinc-bearing diatreme-breccia zones and high-grade gold-silver-copper veins, porphyry copper-gold and intrusion related gold systems. The Thorn project covers a Triassic to Cretaceous volcanoplutonic complex that shares similarities with other high sulphidation deposits around the world such as Lepanto-FSE, Penasquito and El Indio. The 27,000-hectare Thorn Project is located in the Sutlahine River area of Northwestern British Columbia, Canada, approximately 105 km East-Northeast from Juneau, AK.
Brixton Metals Corporation shares trade on the TSX-V under the ticker symbol BBB. For more information about Brixton please visit our website at www.brixtonmetals.com.
On Behalf of the Board of Directors
Mr. Gary R. Thompson, Chairman, President and CEO,